These super easy and TASTY vegetable fritters are a great lunch and dinner option when you are short for time. You can add any sort of vegetable which makes them extremely versatile and a delicious snack. Additionally, you can add shredded meat, chopped up bacon or some beans too!
Ingredients (makes 8)
- 2 cups grated zucchini
- 2 cups grated carrot
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2/3 cup buckwheat/ rice or almond flour
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup sliced scallions (green and white parts)
- Yoghurt, beetroot hummus or try our green dressing, for serving
- Place the shredded zucchini in a colander and sprinkle it lightly with salt. Let the zucchini sit for 10 minutes then using your hands, squeeze out as much liquid as possible.
- Transfer the zucchini to a large bowl then add the carrots, garlic, flour, eggs, scallions, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Stir the mixture until it is combined.
- Line a plate with paper towels. Place a large sauté pan over medium-high heat and add the olive oil. Scoop 3 tbsps of the vegetable mixture into the pan, flattening the mounds slightly and spacing them at least 1 inch apart.
- Cook the fritters for 2-3 minutes then flip and cook the same time. Transfer the fritters to the paper towel-lined plate, season them with salt and serve with beetroot hummus, green dressing or yoghurt.