Many people love teriyaki chicken- I have finally found a recipe that tastes similar to the teriyaki chicken you get at Japanese restaurants! I used chicken for this but feel free to use beef, fish or tofu if need be.
Ingredients (serves 3-4)
- 600gms chicken breast or thighs
- 1/2 onion, finely sliced
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup Tamari sauce (reduced salt)
- 1/3 cup water
- 3 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- Basmati rice to serve and sesame seeds
Add the olive oil to a large nonstick skillet on medium high heat.
- Add the onions, ginger and chicken and mix to combine. Turn on low- medium heat and cook for 5-10 minutes until the chicken is nearly cooked through.
- Add the rest of the ingredients into a bowl and mix to combine. Add ingredients into the skillet pan and cook until sauce is thickened. You may want to add more corn flour or water until your desired thickness.
- Serve on some basmati rice with some greens and garnish with sesame seeds.