Delicious, light and tasty, this dish is perfect for Winter or Summer. Save some extra quinoa salad for your lunch the next day. This is packed full of protein, fibre and loads of micronutrients. I added some extra homemade green dressing!
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 600-700gm lamb chops
- 1-2 sprigs of rosemary
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 medium pumpkin, chopped into chunks
- 1 beetroot, chopped into chunks
- 1 tsp moroccan seasoning
- 1/2 punnet cherry tomatoes
- Small handful of parsley
- 1/2 block of feta, crumbled
- 1 capsicum, sliced
- 1 head broccoli, florets chopped
- 4 large handfuls of spinach
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 2 cups water
- 2 lemons, squeezed
- 1/4 cup avocado oil
- 1 tsp wholegrain mustard
- 2 cloves garlic, diced
- Pre-heat oven to 180ºC and pre-line a baking tray. Place chopped pumpkin and beetroot on baking tray and drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle Moroccan seasoning on top. Place in oven for approx 20-25 minutes until cooked.
- To cook the quinoa, rinse and place in a pot with 2 cups water. Boil then simmer on low for 10-15 minutes until quinoa is cooked.
- After the pumpkin and beetroot are cooked, place the lamb chops on the pre-lined baking tray and rub with olive oil. Sprinkle rosemary over the top and season with salt/ pepper. Cook for 15-20 minutes until nice and crispy on outside but tender on the inside.
- Place the chopped capsicum, tomatoes, broccoli, pumpkin, beetroot, quinoa and parsley into a bowl and mix to combine. Fold in the crumbled feta.
- Dressing- oil, lemon, garlic and mustard. Mix to combine then pour this into the quinoa salad. To serve, place one large handful of spinach onto a plate, top with a couple of spoonfuls of quinoa salad and 2 lamb shops. Season to taste.