This is an easy, nutritious and tasty work lunch recipe that can be prepared in less then 10 minutes. Add any seasonal vegetables and whiz up a quick dressing like our famous green dressing or an easy one such as apple cider vinegar, mustard, lemon and olive oil.
I made a large bowl of this that gave me three servings then added in some extra protein such as chicken, tofu, boiled eggs, lean meat or beans!
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 1 capsicum, sliced
- 1/2 cucumber, chopped
- 1 punnet cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 small red onion, sliced finely
- 1 spring onion, sliced
- small bunch of parsley, chopped
- 1/2 block of feta, crumbled
- Dressing- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar, 1/4 cup avocado oil, 1 tsp wholegrain mustard, 1/2 lemon juice squeezed OR our green dressing OR pesto
- Rinse and drain quinoa then place in a small pot and add 2 cups water. Simmer over medium heat for approx 12-15 mins until cooked.
- Place all the remaining ingredients into a large bowl (except the dressing) and add the cooked quinoa. Mix thoroughly then add the dressing and toss to combine. Serve with your extra source of protein or place in 3-4 containers as your lunch for the week.