Prepackaged Protein Bars are generally full of additives, sweeteners, preservatives, emulsifiers, acids, and many more! Why not make your own at home with less then SIX ingredients that will not damage your gut microbiome! This recipe is SO easy and can be modified or subsituted with whatever ingredients you have at home. Get creative!
Ingredients (makes approx 8 large bars)
- 1 x cup nut butter (almond or peanut)
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 x scoops vanilla Go Good Protein Powder
- 1 x tsp stevia
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 5 drops doTERRA Wild Orange Essential Oil (optional)
- 1/4 cup sugar-free choc chips (optional)
- Combine all ingredients together in a food processor or mixing bowl and press down into a baking dish.
- Freeze for approx an hour or until firm.
- Cut into 8 bars and store in freezer or fridge for when you need the snack!