These scrumptious muffins taste like traditional bakery style muffins, but without the refined sugar. This took me 5 minutes to prepare (18 mins cooking time) so are easy to whip up for when you feel like a snack. I added protein powder but this is optional. A fresh-baked, tender, chocolatey gluten-free muffin that’s healthy and satisfying.
Ingredients (makes 10)
- 2 cups almond meal/ flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1 x scoop vanilla protein powder ( I use GO GOOD)
- 3 tbsp honey (or rice malt syrup)
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 3 drops doTERRA Wild Orange Essentail Oil (or 1 orange rind)
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Prepare a muffin tray with 10 paper liners.
- In a large bowl, whisk almond flour/ meal, protein powder, cinnamon and baking soda
- Add coconut oil, eggs, honey, vanilla, oil and mix well to combine.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Spoon batter evenly into your paper liners.
- Bake for 18-20 mins until centre is cooked through.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 5-10 minutes before serving.
- Store in air tight container at room temperature for 5 days- if they last this long, otherwise freeze and take out when you need a sweet snack!