This easy to prepare Mexican salad will not take you longer then 20 minutes to whip up. Use any leftover vegetables you have in the fridge and add to salad. I used the El Paso Taco Seasoning mixture as it is so yummy, alternatively you can use a combination of paprika, cumin and salt.
Ingredients (serves 3-4)
- 500gm premium beef mince
- 1 onion, chopped finely
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped finely
- 1 packet of Taco Seasoning
- 4 large handfuls of salad (grated carrot, beetroot, cabbage, spinach, lettuce)
- 1 punnet cherry tomatoes, chopped in half
- 1 capsicum, chopped finely
- 4 tbsp sour cream
- 2 handfuls of broccoli sprouts
- 1 avocado, sliced thinly
- small handful of grated cheese
- 1/2 can tinned tomatoes
- Heat 1-2 tbsp olive oil over medium heat in a fry pan and add the onions, garlic and mince. Stir to combine and cook for approx 10-15 minutes. Add the taco seasoning and canned tomatoes and mix. Cook for another 10 minutes or so until mince is cooked to your liking.
- Prepare the salads on 3-4 plates. Mix all ingredients together and top with avocado. Add any vegetable you like- the more the better!
- Top each salad plate with some mince, 1 tbsp sour cream and a sprinkle of cheese. Garnish with parsley or basil.