This easy chicken dish will satisfy those Mexican cravings you get throughout the week without all the added processed oil and additives. Packed full of spices and vegetables, this dish will be a must a hit throughout the week or on a Friday night!
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 500-600gms free range chicken drumsticks
- 1 can of tinned tomatoes
- 1 cup tasty cheese
- 1 capsicum, sliced finely
- 2 courgettes, chopped up
- 1 onion, sliced finely
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 cups green beans, chopped in half
- 1 leek, sliced finely
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- Season with salt/pepper
- Garnish with coriander and sour cream
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees on fan bake. Pre-line a baking tray and place the chicken drumsticks scattered across the tray. Pour the can of tinned tomatoes on top and sprinkle with the tasty cheese. Place in oven to cook for approx. 20-30 minutes (until chicken is cooked through).
- Heat a fry pan over medium heat with 1 tbsp olive oil. Add the onions, leek and garlic and stir to combine for 2-3 minutes. Add in the courgettes and capsicum and cook for another 5 minutes or so. Add the beans and spices and stir to combine for another 2-3 minutes (I like my beans crunchy).
- Serve on plates with the vegetables on the bottom then top with the chicken and tomato mixture and garnish with 1 tbsp sour cream and a small bunch of chopped coriander. Season to taste and enjoy!