Another super quick easy recipe that wont take you longer then 30 minutes to prepare and cook up! Great for the summer BBQ or in the Winter when you need something light and tasty to fill you up.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 500gms premium lamb mince
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, diced
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp cumin
- 3 tbsp chopped parsley
- 1 tsp coriander
- 8 wooden skewers
- 1 capsicum, chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, chopped in half
- 1 cup mushrooms, chopped
- 1 head broccoli, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked brown rice
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp coconut amino seasoning
- 40g feta, crumbled
- To serve- Cucumber and Mint Dressing (1 cup greek yoghurt, 1/2 cup grated cucumber,2 tbsp chopped mint)
- Warm BBQ up or preheat oven (if baking) at 180 º C on fan bake.
- Prepare lamb kofta skewers by placing mince, curry powder, turmeric, onion, garlic, parsley, cumin and coriander in a bowl and mix to combine. Roll into small sausages and place a skewer in the middle of each one. Slowly grill on BBQ or in oven for 10-15 mins until mince is cooked.
- To prepare the rice salad- cook the rice in a rice cooked or stove top. Heat a fry pan over medium heat with 1 tbsp olive oil and add capsicum and mushrooms. Cook for 3-4 minutes. Add broccoli and cook for another 1-2 minutes (I like my broccoli really crispy and this way you dont lose any of the nutrients).
- Add rice, soy sauce and coconut amino seasoning and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Serve rice onto four plates with 2 lamb kofta’s on each and sprinkle with feta. Add cucumber and mint dressing on the side or drizzle on top.