This delicious, colourful and nutritious salad will be a great lunch idea or side dish for a main meal. The roasted honey pumpkin gives it a sweet flavour which matches nicely with the salty Halloumi.
Ingredients (serves 2)
- 100-120g Halloumi, sliced
- 4 handfuls of spinach
- 250g pumpkin, chopped into small chunks
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 capsicum, thinly sliced
- 1/2 large cucumber, thinly sliced
- small handful of cranberries
- 2 tomatoes, sliced into cubes
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 1/2 lemon, squeezed
- Pre-heat the oven to 180ºC and pre-line a baking tray with baking paper. Place the honey, olive oil and cumin in a bowl and add the chopped pumpkin then toss to combine. Place on baking tray and bake in oven for approx. 15 minutes until nicely roasted.
- Heat a fry pan over medium heat with some olive oil and cook Halloumi approx. 2 minutes each side until just brown.
- Place spinach, capsicum, cucumber, cranberries, tomato onto two plates then top off with the pumpkin and Halloumi. Drizzle 1 tbsp avocado oil onto each plate along with some lemon juice and mix to combine. Season to taste.