This recipe was inspired by The Healthy Chef she uses grated pumpkin (as oppose to cooked pureed pumpkin like most other recipes). With less then 10 ingredients, this super easy and tasty pumpkin bread goes nicely with peanut butter or avocado and tomato as a topping!
Ingredients (makes at least 12-14 thick slices)
- 450 g grated raw pumpkin
- 5 whole organic eggs
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons gluten-free baking powder or normal baking powder
- 2 cups almond meal
- 1 cup rice flour
- pumpkin seeds to sprinkle on top
- Preheat your oven to 150°C fan-forced.
- Combine the pumpkin, eggs, salt, nutmeg and oil into a bowl.
- Add the almond meal, rice flour and baking powder and mix well.
- Line a loaf tin with baking paper at the base and the sides.
- Spoon the mixture into the loaf tin and sprinkle the top with the pumpkin seeds.
- Bake for approximately 1 1/2 hours – check after 1 hour and test as times may vary depending on your oven and temperature.
- Remove from the oven and allow to rest in the tin for 1 hour before removing from the tin.
- Cool and enjoy with a cup of tea x