This easy recipe for fluffy gluten free pancakes is a great sweet breakfast. Add your favourite toppings like berries, yoghurt, maple syrup, nut butter and seeds.
Ingredients (2-3 serves)
- 1/3 cup Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tsp cinnamon (you can reduce this, I just love cinnamon)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- Toppings for serving: fresh fruit, yoghurt, seeds, nut butter, maple syrup
In a large bowl, whisk together the Greek yogurt, honey, eggs, cinnamon and vanilla. Once combined, whisk in the coconut oil. If the oil resolidifies, microwave the bowl for a few seconds to re-liquify it.
Sprinkle the baking powder, baking soda, and salt over the top. Sprinkle on the coconut flour. With a rubber spatula, stir just until the flour disappears and no large lumps remain. Let rest for 10 minutes (this allows the flour to absorb some of the liquid and the batter to thicken, and will keep your pancakes from becoming dry).
- Preheat a nonstick fry pan over low to medium-low heat. Once the fry pan is hot (and not a second before), portion the pancakes by 1 tablespoon batter each (do not be tempted to make them larger or they will not flip). Cook for 3 1/2 to 4 full minutes (it’s longer than you think). Flip and cook on the other side then enjoy with your favourite toppings.