This delicious chocolate peanut butter buckwheat porridge is gluten free, dairy free and vegan friendly! Buckwheat groats are packed full of antioxidants and other nutrients such as protein and fiber. Buckwheat groats stabilise your blood sugar levels and should keep you full for at least four hours.
Ingredients (1 serve)
- 1/2 cup buckwheat groats
- 3/4 cup unsweetened almond or coconut milk
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp cacao powder
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 2 medijool dates, chopped up
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 banana, sliced
- Soak the buckwheat groats, chia seeds and coconut milk overnight.
- Heat a saucepan over medium heat then add the soaked buckwheat groats with a little bit more milk (approx. 1/4 cup) and stir to combine. Add in 1 tbsp cacao powder, cinnamon and vanilla extract and stir for another 10 mins or so until the groats are cooked.
- Serve the porridge in a bowl and top with sliced banana, 1 tbsp peanut butter, chopped dates and maple syrup. Add other toppings such as sliced nuts, seeds or coconut yoghurt.