Nothing beats a good kebab for a light summer dinner or lunch idea. You can get creative here and make various combinations of vegetarian kebabs to lamb, chicken, fish, beef and so on! Serve with satay sauce or a squeeze of lemon juice.
Ingredients (serves 5)
- 16 wooden skewers
- 500gm chicken breast or boneless thighs
- 1 red capsicum, chunks
- 4 tomatoes, chunks
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup pineapple chunks
- 2 courgettes, sliced
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped finely
- For the Satay Sauce: 2 tbsp peanut butter, 1/2 cup coconut milk, 1 tbsp soy sauce, 1 tsp coconut sugar
- Soak the wooden skewers in boiling water for approx 30 minutes to prevent them from buying in the oven.
- Marinate the chicken for approx. 60 minutes by combining the honey, soy and garlic in a bowl with the chicken. Place in fridge for 60 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to fan bake at 180 ºC and pre-line a baking tray.
- Place all your ingredients into separate bowls and start assembling your kebab sticks. I started with the meat (chicken) followed by each vegetable and then finished off with another piece of chicken. Assemble on baking tray.
- Place in oven to cook for 20-30 minutes until chicken is cooked through.
- Heat a small pan over medium heat with the peanut butter. Add the coconut milk, coconut sugar and soy sauce. Stir to combine until sauce is thick and to the consistency you like it.
- Place chicken kebabs onto a serving platter with the satay sauce in a small bowl. Serve immediately.