These delicious breakfast bars can be eaten as a snack or quick breakfast option. Packed full of fibre and other goodness, they will satisfy those taste buds when you feel like something sweet!
Ingredients (makes 10-12)
- 2 cups oats
- 2/3 cup almond meal
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup almond or coconut milk
- 1 egg
- 1 banana
- 3 tbsp maple syrup (or honey)
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1/3 cup mixed seeds
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups blueberries
- Preheat oven on fan-bake at 180 ºC. Pre-line a baking tray (8 x 8 inches) with baking paper or grease with a little bit of oil/butter.
- Combine the dry ingredients (oats, baking powder, baking soda, almond meal, cinnamon) together in a large mixing bowl.
- Place the wet ingredients (banana, egg, milk, maple syrup) in a food processor or nutri-bullet and mix to combine.
- Fold the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients- do not over mix. Add in the seeds, blueberries and walnuts. Pour into pre-prepared tray and bake in oven for 40-45 mins or so. Test to see if the middle is cooked by placing a stick or knife inside. If this comes out sticky, then place back in oven for another 5 minutes.
- Leave to cool for at least 10-15 minutes and then slice into small bars. Serve immediately or store in fridge for up to 5 days or freeze for a couple of months.